Are you a ambitious individual looking to establish a career in the music business, just want to learn more about what happens behind the scenes or an artist looking to be discovered — the 2nd annual Toronto International Music Summit is the place for you to develop your career!
JOIN THE TEAM!
The 2013 Toronto International Music Summit will offer the unique experience of participating with the execution of the event. The internship/volunteer program will provide you with the connections you need to meet with prospective employers, gain valuable insight into the music business industry and develop tangible experiences for your career. All positions will work directly with the Executive Director, Event Producers and with some Advisory Board members based on role/position. The interns/volunteers will work to help organize the event, identify sponsorships, promote, and practice large-scale community arts music projects.
If INTERESTED, PLEASE send us your RESUME, COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions will work directly with the Executive Director, Event Producers and with some Advisory Board members based on role/position. The interns/volunteers will work to help organize the event, identify sponsorships, promote, and practice large-scale community arts music projects.
1. Public Relations (5)
- Description: Looking to hire Five (5) candidates with the interest in learning all aspects of the public relations field. Applicant must have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of small details.
- Key Responsibilities: Monitor all forms of media, schedule, coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photos shoots and other pre-events engagements, write press releases, research targeted media, create interview prep material, compile contact lists, update database and greet guests/clients
2. Event Managers (4)
- Hiring (4) event management candidate to assist the Executive Director in all planning activities involved in 2013 conference and concert event. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with various stakeholders. Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize demands and meet project deadlines. Excellent communications and organizational are key elements of this position. Well developed knowledge of the music industry and conference events highly preferred.
- Key Responsibilities: Manages event logistics, assists with managing the vendor relationships, coordinating special promotion launches, assist with volunteer recruitment, contribute to planning sessions and participate in community networking activities to promote festivals to potential sponsors, guests and partners.
In order to meet our goals for the conference, we require credible and committed interns and volunteers. We are grateful for the energy, enthusiasm, and dedication that interns/volunteers bring to our event.
- Part-Time, flexible hours, minimum 10-15 hours per week.
- 4 month commitment starting September – December or January – April.
- Interns should be actively enrolled or new grad student from an accredited College/ University program in Music Business, Marketing, Public Relations Journalism/Communications , Event Management or related field.